Maybe you thought there were exercises only for your body and muscles. But guess what, there are some exercises that help you maintain your eyesight. Few people do such exercises, and from now on you can be one of those people.
We have made up a list with some exercises that help you maintain your eyesight.
- Blink for one minute. Blinking improves your blood circulation inside the eyes.
- Rotate your head in a circular motion and while doing that stare ahead. First, start rotating your head from left to right and then up and down. This exercise is also good for increasing blood circulation.
- Move your eyes from right to left for a few minutes.
- Keep your eyes closed for some time and relax. Darkness helps strengthen the photoreceptor cells in your eyes.
- Move your gaze in different directions. You can look from left to right, up and down, move your eyes in circles or draw a figure 8 with your eyes.
- Close your eyes tight for 3-5 seconds. You should do this exercise 7 times. It does not only increase your circulation, but it also helps to relax your eye muscle.
- Lightly push against your temples with your fingers. You should repeat this five times and keep the pressure for 2-3 seconds each time.
- Close your eyes and slowly move your eyeballs up and down. Repeat this five to ten times.
- Strengthen your eyes’ near and far focus.
- Standing in front of a blank wall, you should put your finger about 15-20 cm in front of your face and focus on it. Instead of your finger, you can also focus on an object that’s 3-4 meters away from you. You should focus look at your finger or at the object for 10-15 seconds.
- Now you should focus on an object that’s 5-10 meters away from you. Look at it for 10-15 seconds.
- Now you should look back at the finger…
- Repeat this exercise 5 times.