When we talk about pretty nails, we embrace a wide range of nails of all colors, shapes, lengths, designs, and styles. We cannot simply label certain details as being essential for pretty nails.
The artistic side of this industry is quite subjective. People have different ideas of beauty, so there is no way in which we can choose one type of manicure and proclaim it as being the ultimate stereotype of pretty nails. Even so, how can we better understand what are pretty nails, and how can we achieve them? Let’s dive deep into this matter!
What Are Pretty Nails, More Precisely?
Well, some people like long nails, while others prefer short nails. Some people prefer pastel colored nails, while others prefer more vibrant nails. Some people enjoy keeping their nails as simple as possible, while other people enjoy making bold statements. No matter the personal preference, all these types of nails are pretty nails.
There is a mentality that people share: simple nails are pretty nails only if the majority of people wear them. This could not be further from the truth. There is no specific pattern when it comes to pretty nails. Nowadays, everyone is free to make their own choices in terms of nail art and to embellish their manicure as they want to, even if it does not match other people’s tastes.
How Much Do Pretty Nails Usually Cost?
Pretty nails are all those kinds of nails that come first in your mind when hearing about them. The price does not determine pretty nails. We cannot simply say that a certain set of nails is pretty just because it is expensive or cheap.
There is a wide range of prices for these so-called pretty nails, and it all depends on the technique used, on what kind of polish, decoration, the style you opt for and whether you decide to apply/ create them at home or a salon/ Spa with the help of a technician. The lowest prices for such a manicure is somewhere between $20(€15.57), $35 and $45, which means around €31.5 or €40.6.
However, the cost of pretty nails could also go up to $60 (€54.1) if you decide to go to more expensive salons and Spas. There are those high-end locations that might charge even $100 (€90.2) for a pretty manicure only if you decide to apply some precious gems such as diamonds and crystals or maybe a costly nail polish on the pretty nails. Even so, pretty nails can be easily achieved by paying a reasonable price with impressive results.
Pretty Nails Hacks, Tips, and Tricks:
DIY Manicure Hacks:
- It is believed that if you put your newly painted pretty nails in iced water, they will dry in less than three minutes.
- People had tried this pretty nail art technique before and said that if you spray your nails with oil spray after painting them, it will help your manicure settle and prevent damages.
- It is well-known that darker polishes accustom to stain your natural pretty nails if they are not properly taken care of. However, people say that if you soak your pretty nails in a special substance made out of hot water, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide for some minutes before removing the dark polish, they will be properly taken off without any other damages. There is also the possibility to rub your nails with a toothbrush with toothpaste, which will seemingly produce the same effect.
- This pretty nail hack might be quite well-known. It is said that, in the case in which you want to remove any mistakes after you have done your nails, the best option is to dip a small brush into acetone or nail polish remover and go over the affected area so you can clear up the mistakes without difficulty.
- This interesting tip targets the sparkly glitter polishes that contain big chunks of glitter. If you are not satisfied with how these chunks of glitter are displayed, then you can take a small toothbrush or simple brush and go slightly over them, very carefully so as not to disturb the rest of the nail polish.
- Another essential pretty nail tip that everyone should be aware of is regarding how many layers of nail polish we should apply for a good effect. Some people believe that if they apply one thicker layer of nail polish, it is just perfect. Well, specialists advise applying multiple thin layers until we achieve the expected effect rather than only one thick layer.
- If you want to achieve perfect French tips, it is recommended to use band-aids. If you are doing this at home, then band-aids are the ideal option for you because they will create a much-anticipated French tip without great difficulty.
- If the nail polish bottle you have just purchased is too thick and chunky, the best idea is to use nail polish thinner, a substance that will not ruin the nail polish overall, but it will thin it out.
- No person enjoys getting smudges on their newly painted manicure. Well, this issue has an excellent but common solution. People have tried licking that area, and it seems to work. The smudge disappears, and the nail polish is not damaged. Fortunately, there are other options, too, such as a smudge repair.
- Another pretty nail hack for a perfect manicure consists of a substance made out of water and vinegar. It is said that if you dip your nails in this substance before beginning to apply nail polish or by simply wiping your nails with a paper towel dipped in this substance, and it will remove completely any stains or oils that the nails might retain after washing them with water and soap.
- People prefer their base coat as neat and shiny as possible for a better base and effect. However, specialists recommend using a rubberized base coat, as it makes the nail polish resist for a longer time.
- If you want to prevent over-painting the skin around the nails, it is strongly advised to apply some vaseline, petroleum jelly on the skin around your nails before starting to paint them as it will prevent your nail polish from sticking to the skin. If it does stick eventually, the vaseline will make it easier to be removed.
- Finally, one of the most misinterpreted ways in which people try to dry their nails is also the most ineffective one. If you place your nails in front of a fan expecting them to dry quicker, you might have a surprise. Not only that, they will not dry at all, but they will also develop air bubbles and potential smudges.
- Do you have a favorite shade of nail polish at home, but it is too glossy? Do you look for the same shade but in a matte tone? Here is the solution: combine clear nail polish with corn starch, and you will achieve the perfect matte nail polish.
- If you want to avoid obtaining air bubbles on your nails after applying the nail polish, it would be the best to roll the bottle between your palms and not shake it as everyone thinks they should do, because, this way, every air bubble in the nail polish bottle will be eliminated.
Nail Art Hacks:
- If you want to create some particular shapes for your nails such as stripes, lines, waves, or circles, the perfect pretty nail art option would be to use nail polish tapes before actually applying the top nail polish.
- A useful nail art hack when it comes to creating French tips that do not look all the same is to cover the line between the tip and the rest of the nail with glitter or other stickers that cover all imperfections.
- If you want to create zigzags or stripes on your nails and you do not have nail tapes at home, another pretty nail art option could be to place some scotch tape to help you. Before applying the scotch onto the nail, make sure that the nail polish is completely dried.
- If you want to create a lace effect for your nails, the best pretty nail art option would be to take a piece of fabric and put it on your nail. After settling it accordingly, you are finally ready to go over the piece of fabric with a sponge with the nail polish. It is recommended to go over it several times to obtain the proper color. Once you are satisfied with how vibrant it looks, you are free to remove the piece of fabric.
- A useful hack, especially for Valentine’s themed manicures, is to make heart shapes on nails. It might be challenging to draw a good heart shape even on paper. This is why people recommend you to dip a toothpick into the nail polish and drop two small dots of nail polish onto the nail, one next to the other, but not to close. After, drag each one of them to a 45-degree angle and make them meet at the bottom. You will see the heart shape. What is left is to fill in the heart shape with more polish.
- If you intend to create very thin stripes on your nails and you do not know how to do it, an idea could be to dip a fan brush into nail polish and then pass slightly over the nail polish base, which should be properly dried.
- If you are a fan of splattered nail styles, the following hack is for you. The best tool for this idea is a slanted makeup brush. Dip this tool into one or multiple nail polishes, then in nail polish remover to make them as thin as possible and easy to splatter. For the final part, use one of your fingers and try to splatter your nails with colors as you would do on a piece of paper.
- One of the easiest methods to create some interesting patterns on your nails is by using a good old sharpie. Even if it might sound weird, it is one of the most used methods among various people who enjoy finishing their manicure quickly and giving it a nice neat touch. After drawing what you desire with the sharpie, apply one layer of, top coat and you are good to go.
- Besides the sharpie idea, stickers are also a very interesting method in which you can embellish your nails. There are so many types of stickers on the market at the present moment, in bigger or smaller shapes, exclusively designed for nails or other things! However, do not forget to go over the stickers with a layer of top coat once they are properly settled on your nails.
- Have you ever wondered how you can apply rhinestones easier on your nails without constantly dropping them or ruining your nail polish? Well, the answer is here! By using an eyeliner pencil and applying a bit of pressure when picking up the gems, it will be easier to carry them onto your nails and settle them down for good.
In conclusion, pretty nails can be found everywhere around you! Pastel toned and vibrant nails, long and short nails, with or without accessories and decorations, all these small details make nails pretty…
The already-mentioned hacks and tricks help you find new ways in which you can implement your creativity and imagination. There is no such thing as a pre-established or specific idea of the perfect pretty nails; however, as long as you are satisfied with the result, as long as a result makes you feel good about yourself, then we can indeed call them pretty nails.