Shag haircuts are the perfect choice for a new revitalized look, whether you want the change you make to be dramatic, or you want a delicate one. This article is going to be about the shag haircut and everything you need to know about it.
Shag haircuts are, without a doubt, the most popular hairstyles for women.
Regardless of the physiognomy, the length of the hair, the color, or its type, the shag haircuts are always a good choice when it comes to a refresh of the look. So if you have short, medium, or long hair, straight, wavy, or curly, a shag haircut can bring the change you want to give your appearance.
Your hairstyle can finally reach the desired volume, the shades of your hair will be highlighted, and the features of your face will be beautifully shaped. Moreover, the shag hairstyle is a suitable option for hairstyles with bangs, and if you are more daring and you want a dynamic and fresh look, you can try a shag bob – a shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair with guaranteed effect, regardless of your hair type.
Shag Haircuts for Long Hair
If you have long hair, you can consider yourself the luckiest of the women who opt for a shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair. Several methods can create the shag haircut, and your hair can be trimmed or can very shag if you want, for example, an edgy look. If you have curly or curly hair, your curls will gain more elasticity after trimming, and in the case of straight hair, the shag haircut will add volume. Also, a shag haircut can reduce the weight of the hair, so it is ideal for those who have very thick hair ornament.
Shag Haircuts for Medium Hair
And the medium length of the hair allows the choice of shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair for a wide variety of looks. You can get a light, relaxed look, wearing messy strands, you can opt for straps – either oblique or straight, and you will certainly get rid of damaged tips and too much volume hairstyle. A medium hairstyle will fit your face, whether you have curls or straight hair, and your hair will express naturalness and versatility, allowing you to play as you want with asymmetry. For example, you can choose to leave your strands from the surface to the maximum length, cutting the hair in stairs to give it more flexibility.
Shag Haircuts for Short Hair
Contrary to appearance, short hair can be styled in many ways, and shag hair can, in this case, have extraordinary effects. Whether you opt for a pixie shag haircut, or if you want a short bob, with or without straps, the shag haircut can give your hair a chic and feminine look.
Advantages of a Shag Haircut:
- A shag haircut gives volume to the hair, so you will have the impression that you have very rich hair.
- A shag haircut is elegant, gives you an air of elegance, and you do not even have to go to the hairdresser every day to arrange it. If the haircut is well done, you can arrange your hair very easily. You just need to dry it well with the brush and ready!
- It frames your face very beautifully and highlights your cheeks.
- A shag haircut is suitable for any type of hair, straight or curly, with thick or thin hair.
- As I said, the shag haircut fits almost all forms of the face. Moreover, the shag haircut can hide some imperfections beautifully. For example, a round face can be visually transformed into a more elongated one, it can attenuate a prominent chin and visible cheekbones present on the square and triangular shapes of the face, and the oval face will look even more perfect because the scales can accentuate that perfect shape.
- Hair structure also cannot influence the final result too much. For example, rare or fine hair may appear more voluminous because the hair will appear visually more often. To obtain a maximum result with shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair, you will need to apply a hair mousse to the hair and dry the hair using a specially designed nozzle. If a lady has thick and thick hair, then the shag haircut will eliminate that “extra weight,” making the hairs more obedient and lighter.
There are many ways to style shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair. Let’s see which are the most popular!
- Heads inward. Prepare the hairdryer, a round brush, and the necessary fasteners. Dry all hair strands with exact twisting movements. Direct the hot airflow on the hair from top to bottom. Such a shag haircut will fit only the smooth strands and will accentuate the gradual passage from one length to another, and the twisted heads inwards will beautifully frame the oval girls.
- Heads out. This will make the look playful and cheerful. In the hairdressing process, the same products will be used, as in point 1, but the hair will be twisted outwards. The shag haircut is ideal for both straight hairs, as well as for slightly wavy hair and only for ladies who have an oval face shape.
- Straight tips. This extravagant shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair will be suitable for going to a nightclub and will complete the look of a beautiful focused. The hairstyle highlights the natural volume of the strands, which is why it is categorically contraindicated to those with rare and fine hair. To create such a hairstyle, you need very strong fasteners such as a gel or a safe wax. Apply the chosen product to the ends of the hair with your fingers. Thus you can highlight the different lengths of all the strands and the graded structure of the shag haircut. Dry the hair with the hairdryer by straightening the air stream from top to bottom, gently stretching the separate strands. This type of shag haircut women, shag haircut for thick hair is only suitable for straight hair.
- Natural loops. We are talking about arranging wavy shag haircut. And we will repeat that the use of a hairdryer, in this case, is not allowed. Apply the mousse to the hair to create the necessary loops. With your fingers, arrange the loops so that they can see the difference in length. Spray the result with a fixative spray.
For the hair to maintain its shape as long as possible, and the hair to remain healthy and mobile, we recommend that you consider the following care tips:
– Call a hairdresser 1-2 times a month to cut approx. 1.5 cm from the length of the hair.
– Opt for professionals who know how to work with hot scissors, with which the hair structure remains unaffected.
– Take care of the tips. Remember that strands ends are the only contraindication for the shag haircut. To avoid this problem, use products for thermal protection, nourish the hair and skin of the scalp with nourishing oils, apply moisturizing masks.
How to Make Your Shag Haircut at Home
To have long and healthy hair, you must trim it every three months or when required. In other words, when you notice that your hair is no longer arranged in any way, and the tips are damaged, and the comb stops in their right, this is the alarm signal that tells you that you need to trim.
If you cut your hair for the first time, try to cut small portions of your hair to make sure it’s successful. You won’t want to ruin your shag haircut. Here are the steps you need to take to make a shag haircut at home :
– If you have normal hair, straight and not too often, use normal scissors and cut vertically/upwards. And not horizontally. This way, you will give more volume to your hair.
– If you have thick hair, use shag scissors (it has those teeth on one side.
– It is best to trim on wet hair.
– Make a path in the middle from the front to the back (as if you would like to make two tails.
– Then divide the two sections in half, starting from the ear and continuing to the back. Grab the upper portions with the help of pliers.
– Now you can start cutting your hair, starting with which side you want. Before doing this, make sure your hair is perfectly handled and divide the section into two parts, to make it easier for you.
– Choose how much you want to cut and start cutting with scissors. After you have done your first section of hair, pair it with the other and use it to guide you. Depending on its length, you will cut further.
– It does the same on the other side.
– In the end, tie both sections of hair back.
– Take your pliers down and now focus on the upper portions.
– Before you start cutting your hair again, you should make two parallel paths in the middle of your head, which are about 2.5 cm apart.
– Grab the remaining hair parts out of the middle with two pliers and thread the one in the middle. The cut length you will choose again.
– This portion, in the middle, you will use it all to guide you when you start filing your sides.
– Take your nippers down from which side you want and together with your mid-hair section.
– Make a path out of the top of your head, like a slice of pizza, and use the short portion you just cut as a guide.
– Leave a small piece of hair free to use for guidance and grab the section you just shag with pliers.
– Now you have to make a new path, the second one, and fill in the next part of your hair. Here you will not simply cut longer hair to the length of the portion used for guidance, but you will gradually trim it at an angle. Divide the section into two parts to make it easier for you.
– Do the same with the last section of hair, then repeat the whole procedure with the other side of the hair.
– If your hair starts to dry in the meantime, moisten it with a spray.
– In the end, you have to give it a shape in front too.
– Put all your hair on your back, make a path in the middle and at about 5 cm draw two lines from the crest to the ears. Grab all your remaining hair free so you can properly trim the front portion.
– First, make a small triangle and cut your belt as you want.
– Use the length of the bangs and make your cuts in continuation of its length.
– Finally, dry your hair.
5 Things to Avoid for Healthy Hair
In addition to chemical treatment, this is one of the main factors of hair degradation. At stressed and tired women, the hair begins to lose its vigor and luster, and it thins and falls.
- Unfiltered water
The unfiltered water or the water from the well attack your hair and makes it rough. To avoid this, it is best to install a water filter, and if it is impossible and you have to wash with water from the well to apply a strong moisturizing mask afterward.
- Plastic brush
The plastic brush generates static electricity that contributes to the breakage of the hair and the damaged tips. Specialists recommend the use of wood brushes.
- 4. Hair dehydration. Hair is easily dehydrated. You can use special conditioners to make sure you don’t damage your hair. Use the balm either with or immediately after shampooing. But remember! The balm is applied at a distance of two centimeters of the scalp to avoid thinning hair.
- Wrong water temperature
People tend to overuse hot water when washing their heads. And this is a serious mistake. The hot water discolors your hair and activates the glands that produce the oils. Ideally, you should use warm water. This will help dilute the secretions of the oil-producing glands, remove dirt, and improve blood circulation.