Prom hairstyles must be glamorous. In this article, we present you some interesting ideas of what trendy alternatives you have to style your hair so you can look at your best in one of the most important events in a teenage girl’s life: prom. Take a look and our gallery and try all the options until you find the perfect prom hairstyle for you.
Prom hairstyles need to be chosen carefully. Everything must be perfect for this special occasion, from the dress you wear, the makeup and, of course, the way you style your hair. That is why you need to keep yourself updated with the most trendy and beautiful prom hairstyles, in order to decide what type suits you best. Remember that no matter what hairstyle you will chose, you must feel comfortable and confident while wearing it, otherwise you will not enjoy your prom the way you should. If you chose a hairstyle which makes you feel good about yourself, everybody will admire your elegance.
• This year, the vintage layered looks represent a big trend regarding the prom hairstyles, so you can inspire yourself from the beauty of the past decades, especially if you have shorter hair or you can arrange it to seem short even if it is not, and works best for the heart, square or diamond face shapes.
• Other cool options are the short and sleek hairstyles, which are perfect for the girls with cropped hair, much more if they have square, heart or round face shapes.
• Add a modern touch to a classic updo, and you will have one of the most beautiful prom hairstyles. For example, place some swept up curls in the back or on one side, for an unconventional effect. Any face shape can work for these looks.
• A bow bun represent an alternative to the classic bun. If you want something different, try these kind of fresh prom hairstyles and you will not regret it.
• If you like braids, you could try a bun wrapped in braids, because is really sophisticated and trendy; this hairstyle is not difficult and it constitutes an advantage for the heart-shaped and diamond faces. For better results, you may use clip-in extensions for the braids in a contrasting colour to match your dress.
• You will never fail if you choose one of the contemporary classic braids or fishtails, as they are elegant and chic. Just add some sparkly pins or hair jewellery, and you will look like a princess!
• You can opt for “all up” prom hairstyles, especially if you have curled your hair for a softened look. The best face shapes for these are the square and heart shaped ones, because they help creating extreme volume.
• The half up “vixen” style is dynamic and fun if you have medium length hair. It works best for diamond and heart-shaped faces. If you want to give a special effect to your hairstyle, then you can use a sparkly headband or a glamorous barrette on the side.